I’ve yet to meet a woman who didn’t appreciate or desire elegance, especially in 2020.
While we all define elegance differently, it’s underlying theme is restraint and refinement.
This year I’ve been on a mission to infuse my life with and embody elegance, a word that is grossly overused and often misunderstood.
Elegance isn’t all snootiness, pearls and labels. It’s unpretentious, authentic and genuine.
Elegance doesn’t gossip, spread rumors or need to be the center of attention. Its subtlety is a part of its sophistication and mystique.
Here are fifteen ways I embrace elegance. Hopefully they’ll inspire you to do so as well.
- Fresh flowers placed around my home. A simple yet serene touch.
- Heavenly smelling candles and gorgeous coffee table books.
- Cool Jazz Station on Pandora. Its sultry sounds are the perfect backdrop for work, dinner parties, bubble baths, cooking or reading a fascinating book.
- Saying “please” and “thank you.” This seems to be a dying art.
- Excellent posture. Even now I still have to be mindful of this.
- Clean, uncluttered surroundings, closets, drawers, shelves and automobile.
- Beautiful loungewear. It doesn’t have to be expensive to feel luxurious.
- Simple accessories. For me that consists of gold hoop earrings and a statement watch or necklace.
- Being a great listener and conversationalist.
- Being a well-read woman with diverse curiosities and interests.
- Being kind to others even when they aren’t.
- Practicing restraint and mindfulness in how I respond when wounded or angry.
- Well-spoken using proper grammar. I am always working on this!
- Beautifully manicured hands and pedicured toes.
- Hand-written thank you notes. Another dying form of art.
Because elegance will never go out of style.