A 21 Day Transformational Experience
Welcome to THE PATH Series, monthly experiences that invite you to cultivate life-giving habits, grow and design a life you love!
For the next 21 days in February we will be walking THE PATH TO CALM
You are encouraged to commit to taking at take at least one action daily that will result in a sense of calm.
Your calm may be created by performing the same action daily or choosing a different one every day.
With each monthly Path you will be offered suggestions to pursue but please feel free to take any action you believe will lead you closer to your destination – this month being a spacious place called CALM.
If you miss a day simply start again the next day at your own pace and leisure.
Prompts to CALM:
- Enjoy a 24 hour social media sabbatical – trading your screen time for a soul essential – those experiences/investments that restore, relax and rejuvenate you.
My Soul Essentials include walks in nature, smooth jazz, beautiful biographies, morning quiet time, long soaks, silk pajamas, luscious scented candles, a clean uncluttered home and a vase of fresh flowers to name a few. Soul essentials aren’t necessary to our survival but are an absolute must for our souls.
When you feel a panic attack, overwhelm, frustration or confusion coming, reach for one of your soul essentials like a hot bath, your Bible, soft music etc and let them be a gentle reminder that those thoughts and emotions are not going to calm you so you purposely trade them for beliefs and words that soothe. For me it is scripture allowing the encouraging Word to bring me back to calm. “God is within her she will not fall.” Ps 46:5 “When I am afraid I put my trust in You.” Ps 56:3 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present (always there) help in times of trouble.” Ps 46:1
I can choose to tell myself “I am so overwhelmed” and allow that to become my story and create evidence it is true or I can tell myself “I can do hard things. Everything will get done and be okay. God’s is my strength” and suddenly my actions and thoughts will begin to shift to support that.
- Go for a stroll and listen to nature’s magnificent symphonies.
- Design an elegant online space by trading the divisive, drama-fueled, negative naysayers or newsfeeds for the inspirational, motivating, hope-filled and peace-speakers. Follow women who motivate you!
- Clean one space daily – counter top, cabinet, closet or drawer. Overwhelm comes by trying to organize the whole home at once. Calm comes one space at a time and in 21 days – 21 spaces become clean and clutter free.
- Organize your handbag, wallet, financial papers and monthly bills. Want to pay off that credit card? Create a doable payment plan and go for it! You got this!
- Invest in your mind and spirit with an inspiring podcast or online sermon.
- Savor your own company with a solo lunch or dinner.
- Create a morning routine that sets your day up for peace. My morning routine includes quiet time, breakfast, coffee, journaling, making my bed, work out, get dressed and in the office. Your mornings may look entirely different especially if you have children at home. Your goal is to create a morning system that provides you with a sense of control instead of a chaotic cluster of frenzy that has you in knots the rest of the day.
- Pay yourself one compliment each morning. The woman in the mirror has your back. She deserves some love. Internal unkind words do nothing but sting and sabotage.
- Spend a few moments daily and begin reading through the Psalms allowing David’s God-breathed words refresh your mind and spirit.
- Transform your closet into a chic boutique filled with carefully curated pieces you love. Toss anything you feel frumpy in, has pilled, is a print or style you hate, no longer fits, is falling apart or rubs blisters on your feet then invest in quality pieces that pair well with the items you kept.
- Get your journal and a cup of coffee and begin planning your amazing year. Where would you like to travel? Who would you like to reconnect with or get more acquainted with then plan a coffee/lunch? Choose one goal you really want to accomplish, make a plan then go for it. What new self-beliefs do you want to adopt and which ones need to go? Who/what inspires you? Drains you? How do you want your home to look and feel? What do you want your style to say about you? When others describe you, what adjectives do you want them to use?
- Turn off the noise of Netflix or the nightly news and listen to music that soothes. Whether it is Sinatra or smooth jazz, spa music or classical symphonies, country ballads or easy rock, music is a powerful calming agent.
- Make a list of soul essentials and start incorporating them into your daily life. From quality teas, French soaps, rich skin creams, feminine pajamas, morning yoga, afternoon jogs, beautiful journals, a monthly Pandora subscription, a motivational online course, monthly girlfriend gatherings, date nights or dark chocolate, make them a part of your everyday.
The Path to Calm requires letting go and leaving behind beliefs, thoughts, words, actions, possessions and sometimes even relationships or friendships that are robbing you of calm, weighing you down with anxiety and causing you sleepless nights and worry-filled days.
Today we take THE PATH TO CALM one step at a time.
And remember, the path to any place you want to go is a stroll not a sprint. Let’s set out for THE PATH TO CALM.
For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness.With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zeph 3:17
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Ps 4:8
Join the Discussion